[ Post a Response | Pentrace Beginners' Forum ]
Re: Best ink for a newbie.
One of the best beginner inks imho is Pelikan 4001 royal blue. It has a pH of three, which means it is quite acidic and thus won`t get mold-infested at all which is a good thing.I have bought a litre bottle of this ink in 1998 and it is still good and can be used without any problem.I have used the 4001 royal blue ink exclusively in a Pelikan piston filler for 14 years without ever cleaning the pen and it still worked well after this long time. Meanwhile I know better and have cleaned the pen, but being able to use it for over a decade without cleaning it has shown me that the Pelikan royal blue is an ink that doesn`t clogg a pen much in the long run.
These days I take 50ml of Pelikan royal blue ink, add two small cartridges of Pelikan turquoise ink to slightly change the colour and also add five drops of glycerine to make it flow smoother and a little wetter out of the pen. It is no more washable then but it looks similar to the Diamine Mediterranean blue ink and I like it much better that way.
- Best ink for a newbie. - Giovanni Abrate September 2, 2014, 5:01 pm
- Royal Blue - roberto v September 3, 2014, 1:54 am
- Re: Best ink for a newbie. - SteveE2014 September 3, 2014, 8:42 am
- Re: Best ink for a newbie. - Glenn Craig September 3, 2014, 11:21 am
- Re: Best ink for a newbie. - AndrewC September 5, 2014, 12:16 am
- Parker Quink - cheap! - Giovanni Abrate September 15, 2014, 7:42 am
- Re: Best ink for a newbie. - Steffi September 22, 2014, 12:23 am
« Back to index
SnailMail Group |
Reader's Corner |
Submit Article |
Older Stuff ]
Copyright © 2002, 2014 pentrace.net,
All Rights Reserved