Re: Workmanship. Details.
Now that, sir, is some great alliteration! I have to say you have some really cool pens, and you have a great way of photographing them simply that shows them off well.
"It's like a Roaring 20's flapper wearing a bustle". Nice example for making that point.
A lot of times, when I pick up a pen, I can feel the quality of the build. As a chef, I pick up a knife, tap the tip on the cutting board and feel the bounce and hear the blade sing, or not, and I can tell if it is a good knife or not. It is sort of like that with pens, too. Hard to explain. Thin cap bands that upon examination have milling that is painted on, a section that does not fit well/snug, the lever feels like it might bend and the nib just doesn't write well.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- We hear talk of Third Tier brands, so what defines them, and> - AndrewC September 8, 2014, 7:20 pm
- Re: We hear talk of Third Tier brands, so what defines them, and> - Giovanni Abrate September 8, 2014, 9:17 pm
- Re: We hear talk of Third Tier brands, so what defines them, and> - Lynn Brant September 9, 2014, 1:33 pm
- Criteria - DanDeM September 9, 2014, 1:55 pm
- A few I've accumulated. . . - SteveE2014 September 10, 2014, 8:20 am
- Re: We hear talk of Third Tier brands, so what defines them, and> - Lynn Brant September 10, 2014, 1:33 pm
- I would say Dollar is a 3T brand, even though - George September 12, 2014, 1:23 pm
« Back to index