[ Reply To a Current Topic | Chicago Media Chat Message Forum ]
Re: Cavanah out; future of CHR?
Posted by PhilJSmith
on April 10, 2023, 10:43 pm, in reply to "Re: Cavanah out
The music the 18 - 34 demo are listening to is almost completely incompatible with FCC-licensed terrestrial radio. It’s CHR without the R, because many songs have what is considered vulgar or explicit language by FCC standards. Even SiriusXM is suffering a CHR drought because they can only play a subset of new, highly sought-after music — SXM doesn’t have a explicit-language hit-music channel. Some of these songs only get airplay if there is a very uncool radio-edit remix, and “Who wants to listen to that?” If young adults can’t hear all their music on FM or SXM, there is nothing motivating them to leave Spotify, YouTube, Amazon Music, Pandora, or the other 100+ successful streaming platforms. I don’t see how CHR will have any place in terrestrial radio much longer.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- Cavanah out - Jeremy Andrews April 4, 2023, 10:35 am
- Re: Cavanah out - Z-92 April 4, 2023, 10:58 am
- Re: Cavanah out - WYTZZ95FM April 4, 2023, 11:28 am
- Re: Cavanah out - Zak_rok April 10, 2023, 8:09 pm
- Re: Cavanah out; future of CHR? - PhilJSmith April 10, 2023, 10:43 pm
- Re: Cavanah out - pumpin1973 April 28, 2023, 1:05 pm
« Back to index | View thread »
Copyright © 2007 - 2023 ChicagoMediaChat.Com - All rights reserved.