[ Reply To a Current Topic | Chicago Media Chat Message Forum ]
Re: Cavanah out
Posted by WYTZZ95FM
on April 4, 2023, 4:49 pm, in reply to "Re: Cavanah out
John, Todd leaving is Step #1. There is more to come. A good friend of mine and I were speaking, name is not needed here except they are awesome, Explained that B96 is living off the heritage history. I call it the "heritage tit". That is how a legendary station be in the 1 share range can still carry on. It will not last forever. They also brought up a good point, Todd always centered B96 AS Chicago. Audacity has lost that flair trying to make it cookie cutter like every other CHR they own. Add in bad music, the younger demos are just checked out of radio, the ratings prove it.
You will most likely see The Score on 104.3 and B96 go classics. Not sure if it will be classic Dance, Classic throwbacks, currents added or not. Jury is still out. 🤷🏻♂️
I know some don't agree here. Audacity is done owning or renting land to house AM towers. Add in owning AM radio stations. The writing is on the wall, they are ahead of the curve. You will see "The Score" on FM sooner than later. Same with the 2 AM sticks in Chicago being sold to a minority or Religious entity to earn more tax breaks. Coming to a theatre, near you!
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- Cavanah out - Jeremy Andrews April 4, 2023, 10:35 am
- Re: Cavanah out - Z-92 April 4, 2023, 10:58 am
- Re: Cavanah out - WYTZZ95FM April 4, 2023, 11:28 am
- Re: Cavanah out - John from Wisconsin April 4, 2023, 2:43 pm
- Re: Cavanah out - WYTZZ95FM April 4, 2023, 4:49 pm
- New PD - Jeremy Andrews April 5, 2023, 10:38 am
- Re: Cavanah out - Zak_rok April 10, 2023, 8:09 pm
- Re: Cavanah out - pumpin1973 April 28, 2023, 1:05 pm
« Back to index | View thread »
Copyright © 2007 - 2023 ChicagoMediaChat.Com - All rights reserved.