[ Reply To a Current Topic | Chicago Media Chat Message Forum ]
Re: New PD
Posted by Jeremy Andrews
on April 5, 2023, 1:01 pm, in reply to "Re: New PD
B96 in general was more Hip-Hop between 1999 and 2002 and again from 2002-2009 or so. They went through a Top-40 lean before WKIE came along, lots of Goo Goo Dolls, Jewel, etc mixed in. Then again in 2002 they were playing Goo Goo Dolls - Iris as a gold (I remember hearing it a few times) and some pop-rock like Nickelback, Vanessa Carlton, Michelle Branch, No Doubt, etc.
Late 2018-2019 they went through a short lived rock gold phase. Lots of All-American Rejects, Fall Out Boy, Linkin Park tossed in.
Pretty much everything you hear on 104.3 was played on B96 at one point. It's probably the same music library. I've heard the exact same radio edits on 104.3 that I heard on B96 when they were new. 104.3 started adding more recent music in 2020. They started playing songs as new as 2017 around that time.
Audacy is doing corporate programming now. Many of the golds you see on that list are typical for some Audacy Top-40 stations. 103.7 in Milwaukee (Where Molly is coming from) plays a lot of these songs as golds.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- Cavanah out - Jeremy Andrews April 4, 2023, 10:35 am
- Re: Cavanah out - Z-92 April 4, 2023, 10:58 am
- Re: Cavanah out - WYTZZ95FM April 4, 2023, 11:28 am
- Re: Cavanah out - John from Wisconsin April 4, 2023, 2:43 pm
- Re: Cavanah out - WYTZZ95FM April 4, 2023, 4:49 pm
- New PD - Jeremy Andrews April 5, 2023, 10:38 am
- Re: New PD - Shizam April 5, 2023, 10:45 am
- Re: New PD - WYTZZ95FM April 5, 2023, 10:48 am
- Re: New PD - Jeremy Andrews April 5, 2023, 10:54 am
- Re: New PD - disman00911 April 5, 2023, 12:51 pm
- Re: New PD - Jeremy Andrews April 5, 2023, 1:01 pm
- Re: Cavanah out - Zak_rok April 10, 2023, 8:09 pm
- Re: Cavanah out - pumpin1973 April 28, 2023, 1:05 pm
« Back to index | View thread »
Copyright © 2007 - 2023 ChicagoMediaChat.Com - All rights reserved.