Re: Math score not going up on GRE...
I get what you are saying, and I definitely WILL apply this cycle regardless of how stupid someone here says I am. And I hear what you are saying about applying with my old GRE scores. However, I really would rather wait until my new scores get released in Nov. because I know they're higher than my previous scores (at the end of the test, it said the range for my quant score was 520 to 620, so hopefully it will be at least 580). I know you recommend to just send my new scores as they come in, but the reason I'm wary of doing that is because I applied last year with a 530 quant score and got rejected. When I took the GRE again this summer, I actually made even LOWER and got a 520 on the quant section. So I know it will look really, really bad to apply with an even lower quant score than the one I got rejected with last year. Even though I can tell them that my new scores will be coming in around mid/late November, they will probably review and reject my application before then. If this happens, then I will be kicking myself for not waiting to submit my application until my newer scores had gotten released.
I know it sounds like a bunch of rambling, but that is my dilemma. The whole revised score reporting schedule by ETS is really screwing things up, although I should have re-taken the GRE in April or May (I have no idea why I waited so long).
BTW, you mentioned to re-take the GRE. The reason it is pointless to do that is because I can't re-take it again until October 19th, and if I do, my scores won't be mailed out until December 1st, which is actually Emory's deadline. In other words, there would be no chance that Emory would have my scores by the deadline. So for this cycle, my most recent GRE attempt is going to have to do it (at least in regards to applying to Emory). I can always re-take the GRE and still make South's application deadline, though.
So my gameplan for now is: shadow AA's again, get the pharm tech job, do well in the 2 classes I'm taking now... I guess I *could* send in my old GRE scores, but I run the risk of getting outright rejected again before they even have the chance to see my new scores.