My surgeon and endocrinologist and the second opinion doctor said that it would be OK to wait until fall to have the other half of my thyroid removed.
Currently I am driving east. I am going to South Africa and Kenya July 6 for two months.
I have struggled with the decision to delay the second surgery but with a great deal of reassurance and some counseling, I have chosen to do this.
I saw a counselor who works with people with PTSD and she has been extremely helpful in separating out that this cancer is not my husband's cancer. As you may remember he died from salivary gland cancer.
I get anxious but then remind myself to breath and take it one day at a time.
None of this is easy.
Boy I sure wish the chat room was still available. It was the highlight of this sight. I could use a good chat.