[ Post a Response | The Meeting Place for Survivors ]
Not so good news
Posted by JanetA on April 18, 2019, 1:04 pmUser logged in as post
Yesterday I got the call and I have thyroid cancer. Well isnít that just great? I have not spoken with my surgeon yet. My endocrinologist says that it will depend on him what we do next. Usually for a nodule the size of mine-over 4 cm they want to go in and remove the other part of the thyroid and then do radioactive iodine treatments. So am suspecting that this will be the course of action.
He also told me that it may have been a direct result of the radiation I had for breast cancer. There is research out there that shows this. I had already read this. Not to mention all the dental X-rays I had over the years with no guards in place.
When you go for rads for bc ask them to protect your thyroid.
I am disappointed and sad.
- Re: Not so good news - MichelleA April 18, 2019, 3:21 pm
- Re: Not so good news - Newman April 19, 2019, 12:37 pm
- Re: Not so good news - Denise April 20, 2019, 2:15 pm
- Re: Not so good news - lindaj April 20, 2019, 10:52 pm
- Re: Not so good news - Debbie April 21, 2019, 6:01 pm
- Re: Not so good news - Alvita April 22, 2019, 4:19 pm
- Re: Not so good news - Cheryl W April 26, 2019, 4:49 pm
- Re: Not so good news - Karen H April 28, 2019, 8:24 pm
- Re: Not so good news - lindaj May 6, 2021, 6:00 pm
Back Home to Breast
Cancer On-line Support Group