1. I'm using SNES9X 1.53 and this might be an emulator bug, but by default, the bottom few rows of the game video display are cut off. You have to go to Video -> Configuration and enable "Extend Height of SNES Image" to fix it. I don't know if the patch is doing this or if its a behavior of the game.
2. During the "Flee From Dodoria" minigame after the first meeting with Frieza, the hit counter shows up as garble.
3. When you first meet Dende's brother who is hiding in the pot after the Dodoria minigame, the dialogue between him and Gohan doesn't show up. It's just several empty text boxes.
4. When you're talking with Dodoria outside of Bulma's ship after beating Cui, Napa's face will will temporarily replace Dodoria's for a single instance.
5. After the first ship training session with Goku when you return to Namek with Bulma hiding in the crevice, there is a typo in Bulma and Gohan's dialogue. It reads: "We'll be back sopon Bulma."
6. When you first meet Nail and fight with his image, there is a crazy long and strange looking string of text that will be displayed when you attempt to read his BP by pressing X. It looks like a bunch of word chunks that goes on for 7 lines or so.
7. In addition to the crazy BP text string, the Nail image is referred to as "h" at several points during the ensuing battle.
8. During that same Nail image battle, Nail's name appears at Chiaotzu.
9. While talking with Guru, there is some minor text string corruption. notably in the line: "Dende and lbTsumuri aDende Jba leave the group."
10. Soon after, when Nail leaves the group, there is a line that reads: "Chiaotzu and Chiaotzu leave the group."
11. In the dialogue with Gohan and Vegeta before the Zarbon fight, Gohan says, "Vegeta! You're on Namek?" The text is fine, but it leaves the text box and finally wraps when it hits the edge of the screen.
12. This might be a game bug also, but after you beat Zarbon and finish Goku's training, the next fight involving the Ginyu Force uses a lower level version of your characters that are weaker than when you fought Zarbon.
During the Zarbon fight everyone had a BP around 30,000. In the next fight, it was back at 25,000 or so.
I hope you find my observations useful. Again, I'm sorry if they were documented somewhere else already before. Thanks for sending me 1.02. Despite these bugs, I'm really enjoying the game.