Posted by Biglabrador
on March 29, 2023, 11:31 pm
It's been a while so I thought I would post an update on where we are.
Livia completed her Chemo last Friday, which was the 24th session, the last 18 of which were over 3 days each, 6 of which were overnight stays. Hardcore stuff.
She's had overall about 70 nights in hospital out of about 180 days of treatment overall, with transfusions, scans, anti-biotics etc. It's crazy to think back to the 21st March last year when it all happened.
Anyway, she is well and it has gone great overall, seemingly as well as it could have done in terms of the treatment. There's obviously been loads that I can't talk about in a post in terms of sickness and our lives as a family dealing with it.
The future is uncertain - she has an MRI in 2 weeks with the results in early May. She still has her hickman port in etc.
I can't really describe how it has been and the small details that you dont think about, like hair and fitting in, people looking at her, work wondering if we're coping and friends not really being friends and going out trying to pass the time and constantly being on the edge all the time, never knowing what is really going on, always fearing for the worst and picturing the talks with consultants, what would happen if if if if and family and ####ing cancer, it's everywhere, stand up to cancer this, cancer that - we know we're being selfish and that message needs to go out, but when you have an 8 year old with cancer and all of a sudden it comes on the TV that poor Leah, 8, didn't make it so please donate..... and Liv goes why didn't she make it? How do you explain that to a clever kid?
....well, you would never understand unless you have been in it and I am glad you don't because it would only make your life sadder to realise it. To those that have been through it you have my respect because it is the hardest thing I can imagine really and I had no idea how much cancer affects the world and everyone in it. It is everywhere.
Well that was intense.
So where we are is that Liv is doing great and the sword of Damocles will be released in early may with either an all clear or some finding we don't want to be found. Other than the first few months of it all, I think this will be the hardest period. The waiting....is our life ####ed permanently, is Liv going to be OK or...
They told us, with her situation, she had about a 65% chance of living 5 years - near the start. I think that a good few % points of that is down to the operations and potential infections, which she has done amazing at, so we must be in a good place, all things considered.
She is happy, put loads of weight on and we're planning on putting her back in school in a could of weeks. She's behind with school work, but we've had tutors and stuff so not that far behind really. We have a party with all her classmates coming and a bouncy castle and face painting and all that stuff (Mya, her 11 year old sister has made a party playlist so that should be interesting) so we are doing good at the moment. Nothing we can do but wait. And despite the reading of this post, we are really positive - we do believe we have done everything we could have done. No stone left unturned and all that. Lap of the gods now and if the worst does happen we move onto the next thing and then the next until we beat this shit.
Sorry for the long post, much love to you all, you've been so supportive! Will let you know early May. Cross everything for us.
- Best wishes to you and your family mate. nt - ritesh April 1, 2023, 5:47 pm
- Thank you everyone, showed them to my wife and she was taken aback, read them all, thanks again NT - Biglabrador March 30, 2023, 10:20 pm
- Everything crossed, all the best to you and family. nt - db March 30, 2023, 8:44 pm
- best wishes to you and Livia. Lots of love x nt - Jefferson March 30, 2023, 5:36 pm
- Just want to second all the fine words and best wishes from everyone below - Dave T's left peg March 30, 2023, 5:21 pm
- Love to you all, Aaron (nt) - 0--l--< March 30, 2023, 3:59 pm
- Unimaginable, mate - manimal March 30, 2023, 3:54 pm
- Thanks for posting this update. You all have my utmost admiration. I pray that - Onlooker March 30, 2023, 1:33 pm
- All the best mate, nothing but admiration for you all. nt - JP March 30, 2023, 1:14 pm
- Much love to you and your family (nt) - Scotblue March 30, 2023, 12:43 pm
- Thanks for the update and I've got everything crossed for you. - Ashblue March 30, 2023, 12:35 pm
- Incredible, inspirational love to y’all good luck - New Orleans Blue March 30, 2023, 11:17 am
- Good man Aaron. You and Livia have been inspirational throughout all of this. Best wishes to all of - Irish Paul March 30, 2023, 10:53 am
- Lots of love to you all - and keep on coming here to share... - T-t March 30, 2023, 10:48 am
- Been a very rough year for you all, total respect for how you're all dealing with everything. - GeoffH March 30, 2023, 10:17 am
- Thanks for the update - very best wishes to you all nt - CJ March 30, 2023, 10:15 am
- Hope the weeks of waiting go quickly. Already so much achieved. Thinking of you all. NT - Cardiff Blue March 30, 2023, 10:08 am
- An honest account and a very tough gig. All best to you and the family. nt - Mr Resistor March 30, 2023, 9:58 am
- Sincere best wishes to Livia and all of you - Midnight Dribbler March 30, 2023, 9:38 am
- Fingers crossed for you mate - Beechside March 30, 2023, 9:36 am
- You're all so strong. Best of luck. nt - MikeJ March 30, 2023, 9:17 am
- Thanks for the update - Mullingar Blue March 30, 2023, 9:07 am
- Best wishes to you. I’m in awe of how you are handling this… - Ov March 30, 2023, 9:06 am
- Best wishes to you all, keep up the good fight. nt - MaFu March 30, 2023, 9:04 am
- Thanks for the update, Aaron. Love to you all. nt. - Rainhill Runaway March 30, 2023, 8:41 am
- Thank you and best wishes nt - bluechris March 30, 2023, 8:21 am
- All I can say - neilw* March 30, 2023, 8:11 am
- Thank you for posting, best wishes to all nt - Delaware March 30, 2023, 8:10 am
- How can a child be so strong? Livia is a true hero and I supposeshe's - evercelt March 30, 2023, 8:02 am
- Best wishes to all of you there BL. nt. - Johannes Borgen March 30, 2023, 7:53 am
- Stay strong, our thoughts n prayers are with u all. n/t. - DT March 30, 2023, 7:45 am
- God bless you all - aje March 30, 2023, 7:40 am
- Best wishes to Liv, you and family NT - Hellas March 30, 2023, 7:38 am
- You're not at all selfish... - Bluerose* March 30, 2023, 7:34 am
- I bet the nurses are chuffed that she’s put weight on… - Aaron March 30, 2023, 7:20 am
- All I can say is that you are doing everything possible as a family, I am humbled by your situation - Galway Dave*** March 30, 2023, 6:56 am
- Best wishes to you all! And thanks for sharing. Nt - Martin F March 30, 2023, 6:47 am
- Thanks for the update. Don't apologize for the long post... - Ed Canada March 30, 2023, 4:37 am
- I can't wait for the update with the news we've all been praying for - SoCalBlue March 30, 2023, 3:32 am
- Heroes. - chrisM March 30, 2023, 2:35 am
- Re: Livia update - gorm is ban* March 30, 2023, 1:52 am
- Thank you for sharing - we're rooting for you all (nt) - Trev March 30, 2023, 1:39 am
- Thank you for sharing, my thoughts are with you all.nt - Ian C March 30, 2023, 1:22 am
- Sending all positive vibes your way. Love to livia and you all. Nt - Wizard March 30, 2023, 1:07 am
- Best wishes Aaron, Livia is an amazing girl - innercityblue March 30, 2023, 1:05 am
- I wish you every bit of success/ luck/ anything to get right. Truly inspirational - Garence March 30, 2023, 12:15 am
- Everything crossed for you all, keep fighting it with all you have got - nt - Ste Daley* March 29, 2023, 11:55 pm
- Very best wishes and positive vibes to you and your family. nt - Harbottle March 29, 2023, 11:48 pm
- Big love to you and your family x nt - Tricky Trev March 29, 2023, 11:46 pm
- Prayers continue to be with you all - LancsBlue March 29, 2023, 11:34 pm