One or two attacking players. No idea who. But we need options, because I don't want a season relying upon a developing player, Gordon, a quite frankly underwhelming player, Gray, and a player who we've no idea whether he'll be up to it anymore, Townsend. Rondon's probably not an option unless it's off the bench.
McNeil I reckon will be a big hit for us.
I'd be happy to see Gilmour arrive on loan too. A player oozing with technique and natural ability, but perhaps seen as more of a squad option initially so that the pressure's not too great on his shoulders. There's definitely a nice little player there. Could be a surprise creative package for us in amongst the physical athletes that we seem determined to stock our central midfield with.
Memphis Depay (Barcelona), 28
Armando Broja (Chelsea), 20
Lucas Moura (Tottenham Hotspur), 29
Martin Braithwaite (Barcelona), 31
Andrea Belotti (Torino), 28, free
Alfredo Morelos (Rangers), 26
Emmanuel Dennis (Watford), 24
Benjamin Sesko (RB Salzburg), 19
Arnaud Kalimuendo (PSG), 20
Alassane Plea (Borussia Monchengladbach), 29
Moussa Dembélé (Lyon), 26
Viktor Gyokeres (Coventry City), 24
Serhou Guirassy (Rennes), 26
Gabriel Barbosa (Flamengo), 25
Raul de Tomas (Español), 27
Che Adams (Southampton), 26
These are all the forwards I've seen us linked with this Summer, some more credible than others, I'd say. Barbosa looks like an exciting prospect, but if we signed him we'd have to make him captain.
The questions for us now:
- are we looking to bring one or two forwards in?
- how are we going to use our remaining two loan slots? one from another Prem team (most likely someone from Chelsea), one from abroad
- wages always a consideration
- special deals and payment plans (loan-to-buy, buy now pay later, staggered payments, loan with obligation to buy, etc)
- there's little interest in our deadwood, although I think we'll be able to unload a couple closer to the end of the window
Still plenty to do for Lampard and Thelwell.
Assuming Gana is back and announced, what/who else do we still need?