The People's Forum
[ Post a Response | The People's Forum ]
Worst thing club could do is sack him now.
Posted by Makis
on May 24, 2022, 1:09 pm, in reply to "Lampard
Yes, Poch might get us more points but he would have an uphill struggle from the get go.
And really, anyone would think we are idiots if we did that. Never mind the players. Lampard has surely earned his chance. He has already shown he can improve young players and that's surely the direction we must be heading.
might not get us trophies, who knows
but he has the majority of fans onbaord and I'd suggest he has the players onboard too
he's put together a decent looking coaching staff, we need to let him get on with it, back the team, and not lower are expectations - but put them aside for a little while, until the finances get to a position where we can operate sensibly
I know they have a decent squad and all that, and he got to spend some money, but even so. I love to see someone go for it.
I gave Frank a 6 in the poll, but I'd still be tempted to go for Pochettino this summer. I know he would want a currently higher-in-some-league club, but it didn't do Carlo or Ronald or Bobby or even Marco any harm to manage us for a few months, did it.
- I get the argument and I really hope he succeeds - and he well might. - HansSegers May 24, 2022, 1:13 pm
- Go for it from the off? What do you mean? Our greatest ever manager took a while. nt - Makis May 24, 2022, 1:47 pm
- Our squad is shit. He actually tried to "go for it", but wisely realised before it was too late... - Ov May 24, 2022, 1:29 pm
- Go for it from the off? - Chris78 May 24, 2022, 1:29 pm
- Re: I get the argument and I really hope he succeeds - and he well might. - Sid_Ebay May 24, 2022, 1:23 pm
- 'Off season'. Another thing to blame Robin for. ROBIN!!!!!! nt - Tim B May 24, 2022, 1:14 pm