Hi everyone - update on Livia
Posted by Biglabrador
on May 16, 2022, 1:28 am
Thought I would post an update.
Thank you all again for your support and donations. We noticed a hell of a lot of donations from TPF, a number of which really stopped us in our tracks (you know who you are!). The 1878 ones made us smile, thank you so much!
Liv has completed her initial chemo treatment and has reacted very well, her kidney tumour has massively shrunk - she had a beer gut like me 6 weeks ago and now as a flat tummy like me 20 years ago! We don't know yet about how the chemo has affected the spread to her lung but fingers crossed.
She has her kidney removal scheduled for Thursday, which obviously is a serious operation.
As you can see, she is a beautiful girl but she is a ####ing fighter and is STRONG. After getting her feeding tube fitted life became easier and she put weight on quickly and adapted to the tube within a week, now things are a lot easier.
We've managed to raise nearly £6k, which given a 20% discount from Smyths toys in Nottingham is over 7k in toys we have ordered. Games, toys, teddies - good ones too, not crappy ones. So the girls and boys coming in over the next year will get something really nice, like a £30 toy story toy or a proper barbie or whatever - something that will really cheer them up! So thank you.
We are getting stronger. It's really tough but you do get used to things and you move forward. We got her wheelchair on Friday and went for a day out to Chatsworth House today, she loved it and was running around like a nutter. Kids are resilient.
She will get better - long road ahead.
Keep your balls crossed for us on Thursday. It's a 6 hour op with a long recovery and then best case scenario is 6 months of chemo and daily radiotherapy for 2 weeks initially. But it's all worth it and she is generally happy and sassy and occasionally a bit of a dick, like every 7 year old should be.
Thanks everyone - you're a great bunch.
- Beautiful photo mate - innercityblue May 17, 2022, 1:35 pm
- Thanks for posting - that is a wonderful picture - NYCblue May 16, 2022, 6:58 pm
- Great pic, good luck to you all. nt - bluechris May 16, 2022, 6:27 pm
- Great picture - she looks brave :) Best to you and your family. Nt - Martin F May 16, 2022, 3:42 pm
- All the best for Thursday Aaron, keep going! nt - deep blue May 16, 2022, 2:02 pm
- Best wishes Livia, great photograph. nt - Floridablue May 16, 2022, 12:54 pm
- Lovely photograph. Best of luck for Thursday and the road ahead. (nt) - PaulSan May 16, 2022, 12:48 pm
- Your daughter is amazing! Keep up the good fight!!! nt - MaFu May 16, 2022, 12:31 pm
- Lovely picture, thanks for update nt - Bluerose* May 16, 2022, 11:50 am
- Good luck Livia. Wishing you and your family every joy. nt - Brentwood Blue May 16, 2022, 11:47 am
- Great to hear - yours and her strength are an inspiration NT - still feeling blue May 16, 2022, 11:15 am
- All the best to you all! nt - db May 16, 2022, 10:51 am
- Sounds good, best wishes for a speedy recovery Olivia. n/t - DT May 16, 2022, 10:29 am
- Great photo of a very brave girl. Best wishes for Thursday and the weeks an months ahead nt - CJ May 16, 2022, 10:17 am
- Re: Hi everyone - update on Livia - gorm is ban* May 16, 2022, 10:07 am
- Great stuff. Good luck with the op. nt - Mr Resistor May 16, 2022, 10:06 am
- Fantastic news. Go Olivia! nt - T-t May 16, 2022, 9:34 am
- Wow, just wow, best news I've heard in weeks, thanks for the update. - New Orleans Blue May 16, 2022, 9:23 am
- Lovely photo mate...good luck to you all!nt - Chris78 May 16, 2022, 9:23 am
- All sounds positive. Lovely photo. nt - LancsBlue May 16, 2022, 9:13 am
- What a little stunner! Lots of love to madam, we’re rooting for her nt - The Boss May 16, 2022, 9:06 am
- She is looking good! All the very best for Thursday, and thanks for posting nt - PaulC May 16, 2022, 8:58 am
- Sounds like things going well - Mullingar Blue May 16, 2022, 8:16 am
- Thanks for update, best wishes to you all - Hellas May 16, 2022, 7:45 am
- Incredible. That’s fab news. What a brave kid she is. nt - Carlos May 16, 2022, 7:28 am
- Wow, she is so brave! You’re all doing amazing by the sounds of it. Keep going!!. Nt - aje May 16, 2022, 7:01 am
- She looks great. A beautiful looking girl with a beautiful smile - Irish Paul May 16, 2022, 6:57 am
- Many thanks, Aaron. Will be thinking of Livia and your family on Thursday and well beyond. [nt] - Cactus Jack May 16, 2022, 6:53 am
- Damn she’s cool… - Aaron May 16, 2022, 6:06 am
- Wishing you and yours all the luck in the world. nt. - Johannes Borgen May 16, 2022, 6:02 am
- Thanks for the update, Biglab. Very best to you all for Thursday (nt) - Robin May 16, 2022, 2:18 am
- She sounds like a credit to you. Well done mate. Best wishes to you all beating this. Nt. - MoreSausage May 16, 2022, 2:10 am
- Sounds like great progress. Amazing what they can do, but obviously... - Ed Canada May 16, 2022, 1:59 am