The People's Forum
[ Post a Response | The People's Forum ]
What's the stupidest thing you've done recently?
Posted by Jonathan Gard
on August 3, 2021, 12:16 pm
I was on unpaid leave during lockdown for ten months (no furlough over here!). It was grim. Then until this month, I was on 60% then 70% pay.
But, in July, we went back to normal. To celebrate, I bought a lovely Sony Bravia 65" 4k smart tv. I was entranced in the store, the picture was like nothing I'd ever watched. We've a very quiet life, so between telly & games, it's a decent investment.
Delivery & installation would take five days. #### that, we took it home.
Once home, my missus took the dog in the bedroom so I could set it up.
Frank Spencer here got caught his foot caught in the plastic ties around the box, went flying, pulled the telly down on him and smashed one side of it against the table.
It'll now cost 60% more of the cost of buying it to get it fixed.
I'll get me coat.
- Superglued m'y lips together... nt - GOMH* August 4, 2021, 1:06 pm
- Shame you werenít filming it, - machine August 3, 2021, 10:49 pm
- Not yet but - Maximus August 3, 2021, 3:09 pm
- Bought Fabian Delph and Alex Iwobi (nt) - Marcel Brands August 3, 2021, 2:58 pm
- You poor bloke, I wouldn't wish that on a kopite, let alone a fellow blue nt - Maximus August 3, 2021, 2:44 pm
- Not recently but.... - Chris78 August 3, 2021, 2:33 pm
- Wasnít it already smashed when you opened it? Surely the retailer should give you a new one. Nt - Icecoldcube August 3, 2021, 12:30 pm
- Did you buy it with a credit card ? - Paulo* August 3, 2021, 12:20 pm
- Taken up refereeing - nt - Ste Daley* August 3, 2021, 12:19 pm