I agree with much of this especially the woeful performance of Moise Kean - such a shame as others see goals in him (especially in Paris) but his basics are miles off what we need. Broadhead moved better and understood what linked up play means. JPG made a difference but overall it was Gray's movement and pace that made us better second half.
1. Moise Kean was not bothered at all to be there. Broadhead gave much more. I really liked the look of him and Gray, who brings incredible pace.
2. Impressed with Anderson at leftback and Gordon. Didn't seem fazed. Jonjoe seemed chippier too. Gomes and Gbamin a nice partnership.
3. All distribution from the centre backs was poor, especially holgate and gibson.
4. Benitez did not even come over to the fans for a wave - all the players did. Sums him up. And if that is the attitude at GP this autumn, it will be very, very difficult place to be.
5. James is truly a superstar and the Colombians adored him, but he looked well off the pace.
Pre-season means nothing in the grand scheme, but it was a good weekend on the whole.
...Broadhead and Gordon looked lively in the 2nd half.
Not sure I can cope with Gbamin being fouled in any way whatsoever! Heart was in my mouth ha ha ha
A good little run out, and great to see Bobby Chariot still in work as their manager...
How's ya diddlin'?!?
Well bloody sod yer then!