...i don't understand the numbers and stats the truth...
Posted by ...dog...
on July 27, 2021, 9:07 am
UK population - 68 million, having passed through the 'third wave'
SA population - 60 million, just passed through the 'third' wave period
UK, fairly observant of regulations and precautions; healthy living conditions
SA, hardly observant of laws, let alone regulations; not so healthy living conditions
% population vaccinated against Covid
UK - 46million (67%) 1st dose
SA - 4million (less than 7%) 1st dose
UK - 37million (54%) 2nd dose
SA - 1.1million (less than 2%) 2nd dose
UK deaths - 129,000
SA deaths - 69,000
deaths per 100,000
UK - 194
SA - 119
i know you can do anything you like with numbers, but how would the above be best interpreted - where's the vaccine dividend? (12% of teachers in SA have refused to be vaccinated)
i have read that the many people here being treated for TB and AIDS are somehow better protected from Covid, but while they are many, they do not run into the millions needed to skew the above numbers.
i don't get it...but i *know* there will be someone here who thinks that they do, (whether they do or not) and will explain...
and in passing
murders per 100.000
UK - 1.2
SA - 35.6
...spitting ions in the aether...
- SA life expectancy 65, UK 81, average covid death age in UK 83 nt - PaulC July 27, 2021, 8:12 pm
- Demographics and lifestyle are important factors - Ezy July 27, 2021, 11:04 am
- Compare deaths rather than cases - AFKAD July 27, 2021, 10:45 am
- and on top of that ... - TurkeyBlue July 27, 2021, 10:19 am
- Maybe accuracy or way the numbers are calculated… - BobD July 27, 2021, 10:00 am
- My guesses, for what little they are worth - Chris78 July 27, 2021, 9:57 am
- So many possible/likely factors... - T-t July 27, 2021, 9:52 am
- Older population probably. nt. - Johannes Borgen July 27, 2021, 9:35 am
- Density of population may possibly also play some part as would the likes of Heathrow.... - Ste Daley* July 27, 2021, 9:23 am
- I was told the answer (well, to a more general but related set of figures) but by someone who... - Arby July 27, 2021, 9:19 am
- Re: ...i don't understand the numbers and stats the truth... - Ex Cape Town Blue July 27, 2021, 9:16 am
- Would it be correct to say most UK deaths occurred when few or no people were vaccinated? - Ov July 27, 2021, 9:14 am