I would have quite liked to see them all jump into something like the original NASL. Star players, tons of money, but no one asked for it, especially the American public. Bit of the same thing going on here really.
If they all drop out/crawl back, I still think a smorgashboard of sanctions should be applied:
- $$$$ fines, I mean to the tune of 50-100M
- Points deduction - 25 points (for the arse that could be relegation)
- Squad limited to 24 players for the next three seasons
- They get a 50% deduction on any prize money for the next three seasons with the 50% they are giving up going youth soccer programs in impoverished areas
- Salary cap of 40% of their existing wages for the next five seasons
- limitations on their ability to sign academy youth players
Anything less they'll be back at it with another break away league in less than five years.