Keane is just too slow and immobile to play in any sort of high line. Son did him down his side with absolute ease early in the second half (forcing Pickford to save with his chest at the near post); that was a more indicting moment than the goals, for me (as those are errors that will happen every so often), as itís a physical failure that we just canít fix.
I like him and heís had a good season. Heís done a lot better than I gave him credit for. But I donít see the future in him. With Holgate (who has clearly regressed but has undoubted attributes) and Branthwaite in the wings, youíd think one of Mina or Keane would have to be sold IF we bring in a new first choice centre back this summer.
I donít think we learnt much we didnít know today tho.
- We need a right back to allow Godfrey to move inside. Looks like thatís going to be Aarons.
- We need a quality, pacy right midfielder. It ainít Iwobi and it shouldnít be Coleman.
- We need another option up top.
- Kingís not good enough but he shows what a difference pace makes.
- Central midfield is crucial. Having a base of Allan and Davies (whoís hugely improved) was key. We may need someone else as we canít rely on Gbaminís fitness and Gomes just isnít good enough.
- James is everything to this team.