The People's Forum
[ Post a Response | The People's Forum ]
People have had enough of experts
Posted by Tweeds
on December 1, 2020, 1:28 pm, in reply to "Its staggering
So much effort spent convincing people that expertise is just an opinion during the Brexit campaign now come home to roost.
I get that the government could have done better, and some folk may have over played the issue. I think everyone accepts vaccines shouldnt be rushed out either, and that masks arent a golden bullet to saving the world.
But the folk pushing things to the extreme are bonkers, one tiny step from flat earthers.
There is a 5G mask going up 350 metres from my daughters school, 3 kids from my daughters class have been moved to a different school by their parents because of this, oddly it doesnt yet include the main crackpot anti vax mother.
It really feels like the last 5/6 years people have decided to be stupid
The first 20 years of the internet werent this mad, were they ?
We used to laugh at David Icke, now people are believing him
- I blame radio phone ins - Col December 1, 2020, 4:51 pm
- Many people are not capable of distinguishing... - Chris78 December 1, 2020, 3:43 pm
- I think it's an attitude that has been growing for 15-20 years - dpl December 1, 2020, 3:38 pm
- Happened before Brexit - manimal December 1, 2020, 2:54 pm
- Yup, the BBC play their part too eg. when the Today program put Nigel Lawson up against - ritesh December 1, 2020, 1:53 pm
- Experts make stupid ####s feel like stupid ####s - Ezy December 1, 2020, 1:37 pm
- It's a global phenomena, not just Britain. nt - Makis December 1, 2020, 1:33 pm