The People's Forum
[ Post a Response | The People's Forum ]
Analytics have been a dreadful development in football
The joy of football is that it's a simple game.
However, in recent years we have had a growth in the pseudo-science of analytics and associated tactical treatises which have resulted in bollocks articles like this. We've also seen nonsense such as "expected goals", people counting "assists" and s**t like this https://statsbomb.com/2018/11/intro-to-goalkeeper-analysis/
Let's remember that the Oakland A's the team that introduced Moneyball and analytics still hasn't won the World Series.
- The Oakland A's have won four World Series: 1972, 1973, 1974, and 1989. [nt] - Cactus Jack July 30, 2020, 7:04 pm
- Itís very early days still, thereíll be lots of bullshit but doing it right will be v.effective nt - aje July 30, 2020, 12:30 pm
- I sort of agree - Ezy July 30, 2020, 12:27 pm
- Re: Analytics have been a dreadful development in football - thecadet July 30, 2020, 12:19 pm
- Not to mention Pre-assists. I mean wtaf? nt - Tony July 30, 2020, 11:04 am