The People's Forum
[ Post a Response | The People's Forum ]
Posted by Osmo
on July 29, 2020, 1:25 pm
Came to think about it, wasn't Neil Pointon a makeweight in the transfer of Andy Hinchcliffe from ManCity, or is my memory doing tricks?
Funny that in 1985 we could still go and buy a player from Scnuthorpe United (Pointon) for a reasonably low price, and he could step in pretty quickly and do a decent if unspectacular job on the highest level. Wouldn't happen anymore. Not that we are playing on the highest level anymore either...
- Am I right in remembering we got Danny Williamson as part of a swap? (nt) - Trev July 30, 2020, 5:05 am
- Agree completely! Nt - Tim Cahill July 29, 2020, 6:30 pm
- Another swap - Osmo July 29, 2020, 5:50 pm
- Too true. nt - Seamus Coleman July 29, 2020, 2:53 pm
- Re: Player swaps - ritesh July 29, 2020, 2:07 pm
- Never realised Pointon came from Sc*nthorpe United. - Tony July 29, 2020, 2:04 pm