The People's Forum
[ Post a Response | The People's Forum ]
AP McCoy was champion jockey for 20 years on the bounce
from his first season to his last. Hard to be more dominant than that.
From American sports I would have Mariano Rivera, the New York Yankees closer who was the best player ever to play that position and the first player to be a unanimous first ballot election to the baseball Hall of Fame.
Wayne Gretsky in Ice Hockey and Tom Brady in the NFL would be maybe make the top 10 as well.
I am rarely speechless about athletic performance but his career is ridiculous. Following on from the greatest achievement I have been trying to rank the worlds top sports people. I will show you mine if you show me yours.....
1) Michael Jordan- there are no words from to be that dominant over that period of times ludicrous.
2) Usain Bolt- fastest in t'world.
3) Ronaldo, C- in various leagues in various countries in various positions he has been the star of the show. In my opinion the greatest footballer to walk the planet.
4) Michael Phelps- record speaks for itself
5) Ali- transcended sport
6) Eddie Mercx
7) Ed Moses- between 77 and 87 he won 107 consecutive finals- mental
8) WR Dean- 60 goals in a season nobody has come near in fact nobody has come even close to coming near
9) Eddie Hall- deadlifted half a tonne in competition.so beyond the scope of comprehension it is unearthly
10) Serena Williams- again so dominant
(the bloke who did that mad free climb isn't on as its not technically a competitive sport!)
Over to the floor....