The People's Forum
[ Post a Response | The People's Forum ]
It is about Brexit, despite the denials and protestations.
People think Dominic Cummings, an unelected official, should resign. Fair enough, thatís their view. I happen to agree. But then surely Robert Jenrick, Tory MP, should have resigned. Tahir Ali, Labour MP, should have resigned. Stephen Kinnock, Labour MP, certainly should have resigned for driving 150 miles to take his Dad a birthday cake.
I donít recall a media tsunami over these elected representatives going against government advice. As yet, Starmer has not withdrawn the whip from Ali or Kinnock.
Yet a leftist mob, shouting about death, can set up a huge video screen blasting out stuff about Covid outside the home of a four-year-old autistic boy. A scrum of journalists and photographers can pursue Cummings, not one of them observing social distancing. It just stinks of hypocrisy, based on partisan politics.
Lloyd George declared that to win the First World War we had to knock out Germanyís props. The media are presently attempting to knock out one of Johnsonís props.
The song remains the same: destroy Johnson and you destroy Brexit. After the end of next month it will not be possible to extend the transition period. That means a no-deal Brexit. Could that be it?
The present storm in a teacup is wholly political. It is entirely about Brexit. I wish people would have the honesty to say so.
#### them. We're boss.
- Johnson/Cummings might have got away with it if the government had done a good job on corona - dpl May 25, 2020, 1:14 pm
- As ever you are embarrassingly wrong. Nt - Col May 25, 2020, 12:18 pm
- No, it really isn't. It's about Johnson's complete incompetence - deep blue May 25, 2020, 11:13 am
- Thatís what my Red Tory mate says. Itís only Unite and Remoaners and the mob that care.....nt - Ex Cape Town Blue May 25, 2020, 11:07 am
- Completely wrong, but crack on. NT - MikeJ May 25, 2020, 10:53 am
- *edgy* stuff. Zzzzz (nt) - stanleypark May 25, 2020, 9:53 am
- Re: It is about Brexit, despite the denials and protestations. - Turf May 25, 2020, 7:53 am
- Your post is an absolute bag of jizz. nt - Jonathan Gard May 25, 2020, 7:42 am
- Itís not about Brexit... - Mill May 25, 2020, 7:38 am
- The subtle difference between Cummings and the others (for me) is the position of authority... - Robin May 25, 2020, 2:25 am