I read the police said he was unwise. Would you give up your career for that? Most of
the stuff in this thread has nothing to do with what he did, I'd have done it myself. It's to do with Brexit and he's a Tory. End of. If he had a kid in the NHS he'd be knighted by now.
...I can't see what there is to argue about.
Seems like a fork in the road moment to me. Turn left to continue heading towards a Trump-administration style everything-the-govt-disagrees-about-is-labelled-as-fake-news or pulling back from the brink.
I remember listening to his partner give a detailed account of their lockdown experience on the Today programme. The clear inference was that they isolated at home and there was no mention of driving to Durham. They lied. Then it is also clear that Downing Street covered up breaking of the rules ((opening up the classic who knew and when stuff). Finally, both Cummings and No 10 appear to be lying about the police warning the ‘household’. However the fact that both Cummings and his boss are implicated indicates that the Tories will fight tooth and nail to ride out the storm.
Drove 4 hours across the U.K. with corona to hand his kid to his parents.
Where to start?!
( as a father of a toddler I can’t think of many worse situations than having to care for her while sick for 2 weeks but even so.... )
- Even if you had a sister in law who lived in the same City?.. Nt - Cumquats May 23, 2020, 8:46 pm
- Fcuk all to do with Brexit - Vertwijveld van Kent May 23, 2020, 8:09 pm
- A lot of people had much bigger reasons to break lockdown rules... - Ov May 23, 2020, 8:08 pm
- Would you have done this too... - Mill May 23, 2020, 7:56 pm
- Oh dear - Vertwijveld van Kent May 23, 2020, 8:14 pm
- No, I’m sorry... - Mill May 23, 2020, 7:45 pm
- Assuming the facts are that he drove his kid 4 hours to his parents while suffering from CV..... - PaulC May 23, 2020, 7:30 pm
- no no no - Col May 23, 2020, 7:16 pm