The People's Forum
[ Post a Response | The People's Forum ]
Some solid progress??
We are as shit as ever. Boring football.
While I think we've made some solid progress, I would consider us behind schedule. Maybe by one window or two max
This is more a measure of the shambles Koeman and co got us into. We've still got Tosun, Walcott, Niasse, and Schneiderlin on our hands who altogether are 330k+ per week. And don't contribute anything close to value for their cost.
While Some of them are getting some (limited) game time, that's still a huge drag on the wage bill. Over 17M per annum.
Over all I think we are trending in the right direction but much patience is still needed.
I will consider that we really have moved up a notch when we can qualify for Europe one season and be able to perform both in Europe (Europa I think would be a good place to do that) and the Premier league the following season.
We've not managed that in the last X many years. Generally being in Europe has meant being gash in the league because the squad cannot cope with both competitions.
I would like to see Brands and Silva going for younger players in sub 25 year old range. I think this is something they have been generally doing. There is opportunity to develop and resell later while getting good performance on the pitch. This is a bit different to the buy low/sell high practiced in the past as I think now we're in a much better place to attract young talent. This is also a good strategy for the medium term (2-5 years) because we're not in a sporting or financial position to compete for the absolute top talent.
Onward and upwards
- In my head, I read all your posts in Eeyore's voice. Things are a LOT better than they have been nt - PabloMc2 September 17, 2019, 9:26 am
- Yes. Clear progress. nt - Jonathan Gard September 17, 2019, 5:14 am
- I think there is progess in the squad, progress on the pitch is another thing - Gray September 16, 2019, 11:32 pm
- Are you saying the squad hasn't improved over the last three windows? nt - Makis September 16, 2019, 8:55 pm
- Yes I was miserable Yesterday - Maximus September 16, 2019, 8:19 pm