Posted by chris78
on August 20, 2019, 6:30 pm
Just heard an interview with dutch customs expert Hans Hassen, he is pretty sure the solutions to the border are there and the alternative arrangements will negate the need for any hard border. My first reaction was...bullshit....but he knows a lot more about customs arrangements and borders than I do, arent I just being one of those people who disregards experts if what they say doesnt chime with my views, maybe?
If we do leave with no deal, wont RoI suddenly like the idea of the alternative arrangements and wont the EU find a way for there to be no hard border?
Im not saying I am certain about any of the above, but I can see why people might think the EU and remainers are using the issue.
- Who will build a hard border? Nt - manimal August 21, 2019, 11:18 am
- To look at this from a leavers view point - chris78 August 21, 2019, 8:55 am
- Re: Irish Border - DT August 20, 2019, 8:57 pm
- Re: Irish Border - Tim Mc August 20, 2019, 8:28 pm
- Re: Irish Border - Ponomis August 20, 2019, 6:56 pm
- What happens at the Swiss border? - Bob August 20, 2019, 6:55 pm
- I'd hoped it would be more like this - Paulo* August 20, 2019, 8:32 pm
- Swiss and Norwegian options were suggested early on but both were promptly dismissed by your gov.nt - Makis August 20, 2019, 8:05 pm
- Trucks queue for f*cking wages. Nt - Tweeds August 20, 2019, 7:33 pm
- I think goods are checked at the swiss border?nt - chris78 August 20, 2019, 7:00 pm
- Re: What happens at the Swiss border? - Ponomis August 20, 2019, 6:58 pm