Glad you have found us. Please dont feel any need to apologise; your posting was in fact short and anyway postings are as long as needed to tell the story. That's what this board is for.
Understandably you feel trapped. But be reassured that there is a way forward. In summary and in no special order the things you can do are:
1. Book yourself onto our next beginners workshop; for that I need you to email me (see address at top of page) so i can send you the booking form. It will be held in London on the weekend 27-29 Sept, and is residential in a hotel. You will have your own bedroom with ensuite, which will be your safe place. We have run over 70 such workshops over the last ten years and have helped over 400 people of all levels of severity.
2. Go to your GP and ask to to be referred to a clinical psychologist for CBT (Cogntive Behaviour Therapy). But note there will probably be a waiting list.
3. Also ask your GP to arrange for you to be shown how to self-catheterise: this uses a disposable catheter designed to be used and discarded. That will enable you to empty your bladder in a cubicle with completed safety, and so reduce the isolation of feeling you dare not go out.
4. Read up all the info on our linked website (see the link at top of page). Knowing what the condition is helps you feel in control.
5. Read through this discussion board to see other people's experiences.
This is the start of your recovery; it will take time and effort, but ultimately will be worth it, to regain your freedom and life.
I look forward to hearing from you
Responses are not allowed!
Create your own free message board!