Hard to believe it's been 10 months since my last significant work on this build - I didn't realize how long she'd been out of commission, while numerous hull upgrades were patterned this winter and spring. I do know she lost (more than) another full month to the Great Concrete Dust Disaster of '08 - but now that is safely past, work on her - just for her - has resumed:
Click on Image to Enlarge
This represents (more than) complete recovery of the original construction, which had been unavoidably torn down for molding its main features. The PE railing between the two pillars - the first piece of PE I ever glued onto a ship, some four or so years ago - is all that remains of the original railings, however the replacements are better installed, more extensive (right pic) and more accurate.
When the flight deck overhang gets detailed (not until the flight deck is ready for attachment), I anticipate the appearance of this stern area will really "pop".
In this latest work I also got in some more very effective detailing on Boxer's island - but the key piece went under rubber for molding before I thought to snap any pic(s) of it - and then that mold suffered a pretty catastrophic failure; so it continues to be imprisoned, in a second mold now, and still not available to show you.
Another item being remolded is the quad-40mm master, whose latest (pre-production) mold simply failed to reproduce it adequately. The new mold shows every sign that it will work as intended - the result of weeks-long experimentation which I am keeping proprietary; it looks to be that good! So, some just killer 40mms are definitely in the cards for this build (and more).
Meantime, the next - and last - piece going on before the flight deck attachment is the weather bulkhead, right forward on the bow. It is a resin piece - a Matty's Models sub-master - and it is finally ready.