PAIRED TWINS: twin-engined WWII naval-related aircraft series build
Posted by Matty on December 17, 2007, 13:03:18Message modified by board administrator September 15, 2008, 16:40:14
Some time ago I started a series-build, open-ended at the time, to depict for each of the combatant nations in WWII a pair of twin-engined aircraft which saw any kind of coastal or naval-related action. First to be completed was a Bristol Beaufighter Mk-X
from the Battle of the Bismarck Sea, followed by a North American B-25 Mitchell
from the Doolittle Tokyo Raid. A Douglas Boston (A-20), also from Bismarck Sea followed - completing the RAAF contingent - though I have not yet reloaded her pics after our earlier moves - and anyway she needs a replacement nose greenhouse
installed, and so will soon be refitted/rephotographed anyway.
My Nakajima Type97 "Nell"
from the Sinking of Repulse & POW (Force "Z"), still awaiting paint and decals, is also part of this series. Progress updates on her, and all others to join the series - including any of yours, which I would happily include to make this into a group build - will be appended as "replies" below.
- Snap Refit: RAAF BEAUFIGHTER - Matty January 21, 2010, 11:10:47
- Matty's ILLYUSHIN IL-4T - Matty February 6, 2009, 23:22:00
- (Donny's) BEAUTIFUL (SEA HORNET)! - Matty January 30, 2008, 6:40:30
- Matty's DORNIER Do217k2 - Matty January 12, 2008, 16:20:59
- Matty's TUPOLEV SB-3 - Matty January 4, 2008, 22:11:30
- Great camo - beautifully finished... - Don Murphy December 17, 2007, 13:08:43
- Good Lord - killer work... - Don Murphy December 17, 2007, 13:06:54