Your assistance needed please
Posted by Drew Hause on March 10, 2021, 2:49 pm
Edited by board administrator September 6, 2021, 2:58 pm
All of us would agree that our website, and this forum, should reflect the same high quality and attention to detail as the L.C. Smith guns we appreciate and enjoy. The volunteer webmaster, Bill Ruth, has worked hard to accomplish that objective, and I believe our website compares favorably to the other shotgun focused sites; in appearance, content, ease of use, and especially the demeanor/helpfulness of the LCSCA members.
Recently there have been several threads which were confusing simply by lack of attention to the composition of the posts, sentence structure, and punctuation.
In order to communicate effectively, to the advantage of both the OP and those offering help, and to maintain the professional appearance of our forum PLEASE:
1. Use standard punctuation, including your name ie. not all lower case.
2. Click on "Preview" before clicking on "Post" and ask yourself "Does this clearly communicate my thoughts? How can I word this better?"
3. ALL CAPS are unnecessary, distracting and, unless used for emphasis, not appropriate.
4. Please give proper attention to the spelling of names, esp. when seeking information regarding someone connected to the gun.
5. Consider labeling the images one-by-one so the readers can better understand what you are trying to show.
Keep in mind that our website is the primary contact point for the LCSCA and the non-member public. Since Smith guns are "The Gun Of Perfection", let's make the effort to aim for that high standard on the forum.
Your volunteer mods thank you