For those of you who don't own a Fox , be it 12, 16 or 20ga, that is 6lb.13oz. or under, and would like to give it your best shot I will have a 16 and a 20 you may shoot to compete. Please contact me ahead of time at 410-382-4020.
Thanks and good luck,
"Fox Upland Gun Championship” – a concurrent event
to be held at the 2021 Vintage Gunners Cup (VGC)
Thursday and Friday – September 16th and 17th
1. The Fox Upland Gun Championship is open to all AHFCA members in good standing. Fox Board
members may also compete because scoring will be done by the VGC range officer(s). There is no
extra charge beyond your entry fee for the Vintage Gunner’s “Field Gun 5-stand” event. Anyone
wanting to join the AHFCA may do so at the Fox tables before shooting.
2. This competition will recognize shooting excellence with lightweight Fox shotguns that are
configured for upland game hunting. Guns must weigh no more than 6 pounds & 13 ounces - to be
verified by the VGC range officer.
3. The shooting menu consists of ten (10) “true pairs” (simo pairs) for a total of 20 birds at Hidden
Hollow’s 5-stand. All VGC rules and procedures will apply.
4. A.H. Fox design shotguns only - to include Philadelphia, Utica and those made in New Britain
with the traditional Fox cocking slide that acts on the toes of the hammers. The current “A Grade”
Fox gun by Savage/Stevens and the Fox “Model B” and its clones, while fine shotguns, are not
eligible for his concurrent event.
5. AHFCA members who wish to compete will buy a Field Gun 5-Stand score card at the Hidden
Hollow/Vintage Gunner's check-in counter before shooting their first round with a Fox gun. Then
proceed directly to the AHFCA booth where we’ll apply a small neon sticker to your score card and
record your name and gun specs. Member then gives the score card to the range officer at the 5-
stand and shoots his/her round of (10) true pairs. Members will be on their honor to shoot for the
Fox Upland Gun Championship score only once and before shooting any additional rounds with a
Fox shotgun for the VGC Field Gun event.
6. Fox BD members will collect the scores from the VG check-in clerk after the cards are returned
to the office and will tally/post them at the Fox tables.
7. CASH PURSES: $100-$75-$60-$40-$25 to the top-five finishers. There will be NO shoot-offs.
In the event of a tie score, long run and if necessary, a coin toss will determine the winner.
8. The AHFCA Board of Directors reserves the right to change these rules based on field conditions
or unexpected events on the days of the event. Any such changes will be posted at the Fox display
Responses are not allowed!