Sandy Creek News, June 20, 1889
The Hunter and Comstock Arms Co., at Fulton, are pushing the building of their mammoth factory to the upmost.
The company has just secured an invoice of 5000 pairs of gun barrels direct from Europe, consisting of fine Twist and Damascus.
Wyoming County Times, November 28, 1889
Syracuse, Nov. 20 – Lyman C. Smith has sold a controlling in the L.C. Smith gun works, of this city, manufacturers of hammerless guns, to John Hunter and his five sons, and Harry Comstock of Fulton, and the works will be moved to Fulton immediately. The new firm will be known as the Hunter & Comstock Arms company and will have the largest gun manufacturing plant in the United States.
Sandy Creek News, January 2, 1890
The Hunter & Comstock Arms company of Fulton, will hereafter be known as the Hunter Arms Company, the Hunters having bought Comstock’s interest. Comstock retains his rights in all patents taken out by him. The Hunters will make the L.C. Smith gun at their factory.