The L.C. Smith Collectors Association
[ Post a Response | The L.C. Smith Collectors Association ]
Old LCS 16 ga.
Posted by David Hansen on July 31, 2020, 11:48 am
I recently bought an old internal hammer LCS 16 ga. Question: should I preserve the gun as-is or restore? Serial number (C0400) and water table marks indicate manufacture between 1886 and 1890. Barrels have no markings. Water table has an engraving: HAI.MCH.29.83. Metal (external) has extensive oxidation, but no corrosion (smooth gray appearance). Bores have extensive but shallow corrosion pits. Minor ding on one barrel. One of the firing pin portals appears to have been repaired. Butt stock and forearm wood is in very poor condition, with some cracking and really extensive wear.
Thanks in advance.
Dave Hansen (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Re: Old LCS 16 ga. - Drew Hause July 31, 2020, 2:29 pm
- Re: Old LCS 16 ga. - David Hansen August 1, 2020, 10:35 am
- SN - Drew Hause August 1, 2020, 10:47 am
- Re: SN - David Hansen August 1, 2020, 3:41 pm
- Re: SN - Tom Archer August 1, 2020, 4:52 pm
- Re: SN - David Hansen August 1, 2020, 6:39 pm
- Re: Old LCS 16 ga. - David Hansen August 3, 2020, 2:01 pm