In The Pink
[ post a message | In The Pink ]
Posted by Bethany in PA on 7/28/2021, 8:41 am
These are some of my older makeover gals. I rescued them from a yard sale where they'd had the backs of their legs slit open and the bend leg mechanisms cut and removed. Made no sense to me either.
A few years ago, my dad and I rehabbed these dolls and made inserts that would go into their legs (which were then glued shut) and firm them up to the point where they could at least be displayed.
Having prowled the Barbie aisle the last week or so looking for clothes for modern dolls has made me appreciate these fashions a little bit more than I used to because honestly? There is very little like this out there today!
- Fun! Yeah modern outfits are shameful What would Ruth think? - Kathy M. in CO 7/29/2021, 8:12 am
- Bethany, you and your Dad made these girls beautiful again. They are happy... n - Bobbi in IN 7/28/2021, 11:32 pm
- We've had so much rain on the weekends that yard sales have not happened to much of a degree. So>>> - Ivy in MA 7/28/2021, 6:11 pm
- These are lovely ladies. Great OOAK work on them too. Love the huge smile on blonde doll. - Angela 7/28/2021, 4:31 pm
- I agree while most of the fashions are too pink for my taste, they are nicely made with good fabrics - Sandi M in Chicagoland 7/28/2021, 2:14 pm
- I could see the mutilation --maybe. - Paul in Warrensburg 7/28/2021, 1:30 pm
- You wonder why people do things to dolls. - Margie 7/28/2021, 11:03 am
- They really are charming, looks gr8! - Karen/glammourdoll 7/28/2021, 8:46 am
This site is dedicated in honor of collecting the Barbie doll, her family and friends. Disclaimer: This site in no way is affiliated with Mattel Toys or Barbie Collector. Disclaimer: In The Pink is not sponsored by or affiliated with PinkFriday.org.
We are an independent Barbie and family doll collector. Views expressed are independent. Enjoy collecting for the love of the hobby. ITP is sponsored by NBOS Software, 18Rabbit Software, and Easily Distracted Designs.