In The Pink
[ post a message | In The Pink ]
Posted by Margie on 11/21/2020, 11:04 am
I don't really collect OOAKs or customized dolls, but occasionally one (or two) strike me. First up is a #4 that I got in a collection. She's been restored and her hair's been redone, but she spoke to me. She's wearing Sylvia Campbell's repro of Atelier Fest, an outfit I know I'll never find. I bought the outfit earlier this year in an online sale on my friend's Facebook group.
Another doll I'll never own is a Sun sun Francie. I saw this rerooted Black Francie on eBay and she reminded me of Sun Sun. I made an offer and she was mine.
2020 apparently is the year of the OOAKs as I just bought another one during an online event's Pink Friday sale. I'll share pictures when she arrives.
Anyway, these are two of the dolls I'm most thankful for in 2020.
- OMW, such beautiful vintage treasures! Congrats Margie!! ('Atelier Fest' is TDF!) - Pedro 11/23/2020, 5:30 am
- Dolls are so dreamy--ooak's can be a lot of fun! - Krissy 11/23/2020, 12:18 am
- Great dolls! - Sandi M in Chicagoland 11/22/2020, 9:55 pm
- High quality restoration makes a vintage come to life again. Lovely dolls... - Bobbi in IN 11/22/2020, 7:13 pm
- Both dolls are stunning! Amazing finds and I love that new OOAK you bought! - Bethany in PA 11/22/2020, 8:34 am
- Love the Sun Sun redo. - ellen 11/22/2020, 8:11 am
- They are so beautiful Bethany, I love OOAK dolls and fashions. - Judy in Pa 11/21/2020, 8:38 pm
- Beautiful dolls! - Jurrie 11/21/2020, 2:13 pm
- Beautiful dolls and outfits. Great finds! - Cathy (kellycat) 11/21/2020, 1:21 pm
This site is dedicated in honor of collecting the Barbie doll, her family and friends. Disclaimer: This site in no way is affiliated with Mattel Toys or Barbie Collector. Disclaimer: In The Pink is not sponsored by or affiliated with PinkFriday.org.
We are an independent Barbie and family doll collector. Views expressed are independent. Enjoy collecting for the love of the hobby. ITP is sponsored by NBOS Software, 18Rabbit Software, and Easily Distracted Designs.