Touched by her generosity, we decided to expand on that idea and came up with the Twelve Days idea. Yesterday, I was able to put the finishing touches on everything and now I feel confident in announcing our plans.
Also, please excuse my bad Photoshop job for the graphic below.
Here are the basics:
- The event will begin on Monday, November 30th and run until Friday, December 11th so that I have enough time to ship all of the giveaways. I currently have (or will soon have) all of the giveaway items so I will be responsible for all shipping.
- There will be two giveaways per day for a total of 24 giveaways and the drawings will be open to all members, no matter where in the world they live.
- Due to the “deluxe” nature of the giveaways, you will only be allowed to win once so that everyone has a chance.
- You may enter as many of the drawings as you like, but you can only win once. If you've already won/aren't interested in the giveaway, but still want to answer the drawing question, please post your answer with the words "not an entry" somewhere so we know you are not participating in that particular giveaway
- To make this fun and fair, during Thanksgiving week, I will create a pinned post at the top of the board with photos of all twenty-four giveaway lots so our members have time to decide what lot they might like to try to win.
- To make sure every drawing stays up for a full 24-hour cycle, I will post the drawings each morning, approximately around 10am Eastern Standard Time, though depending on my day this may vary a bit. It will never be shorter but it might be a smidge longer. U.S. Eastern Standard Time is both my time zone and the board’s official time zone. That time is listed at the top of the board.
- When I post the new drawings the next morning, the previous day’s drawings will officially close and I will note it as such. I will then collect the names which will then be assigned random numbers by a random number generator. For "extra" randomness, bingo balls with those numbers will be placed in a bingo ball cage, the balls spun around, and a winner will be determined by whatever ball is spit out. These "Bingo Ball Sessions" will be recorded and uploaded to ITP, so you will get to see and hear me when I pick the winners. For those with slow connections, the winners names will also be posted.
- Winning one of the official ITP drawings does not prevent someone from winning another drawing hosted by another board member – just the official ITP drawings only.
- Other board members will be allowed to host their own drawings during this time, following all standard board rules. The more the merrier!
- Last, but not least, I will be shipping everyone’s prizes so if you win, please look for my post asking you to contact me with your shipping information. I also ask that everyone be patient as I plan to ship in batches, with the last batch going out no later than Monday, December 14th.
Also, many of the lots contain custom fashions and accessories from Barbie and other doll crafts people from Etsy and eBay. Where possible, I will post where the items in a lot came from along with a link to their store if there is one.
Since this is a challening year for everyone, particularly small and independent businesses and crafters for the doll community, there will also be a pinned post at the top of the board with a list of all trusted Etsy and eBay shops that you can visit for the holiday season, all of which I and others I trust have bought form over the last year. If you own one of these shops and would like a link to your shop included in this listing, please email me at: email@example.com
Ok. I think that’s it! This will be the official post for the giveaway. Another one with photos will follow.
Questions or comments? See my other post below in the general posts and let us know what you think!
Bethany in PA / Admin
This site is dedicated in honor of collecting the Barbie doll, her family and friends. Disclaimer: This site in no way is affiliated with Mattel Toys or Barbie Collector. Disclaimer: In The Pink is not sponsored by or affiliated with PinkFriday.org.
We are an independent Barbie and family doll collector. Views expressed are independent. Enjoy collecting for the love of the hobby. ITP is sponsored by NBOS Software, 18Rabbit Software, and Easily Distracted Designs.