In The Pink
[ post a message | In The Pink ]
Very sad news
Posted by Margie on 7/1/2020, 4:29 pm
I just received a message from John's brother that John passed away yesterday morning in the hospital. He was in one hospital several weeks ago for a kidney problem and they basically only gave him painkillers and he went in another hospital less than a week after he was released from the first one. I had received several emails and phone calls from him, but hadn't heard from him in about a week and I was getting concerned. So I was both surprised and not surprised.
John was a great moderator here, helping Joanne, as well as Bethany and me. I had the pleasure of sharing adventures with him at my club's shows, as well as at Grant a Wish and the 2001 convention, where I swear he was working EVERYWHERE. He always said he was Pip's agent and together we joked about his fake TV network, the FOJ (friends of John) whenever we saw something silly online.
I will miss his smiling face and his sense of humor. He was a loyal friend and generous to a fault. Bethany and I were looking forward to seeing him in August. RIP, dear friend. ITP will be a sadder place without you.
- How sad. Sorry to hear this news and sending hugs and prayers to his friends and loved ones. - Colleen 7/9/2020, 12:49 pm
- I'm so very sorry to hear this! My condolences to his family. I had no idea he was so ill. - Danalynne 7/3/2020, 10:24 pm
- so sad!! Bet he & Ruth Handler are talking shop!! - Terri in Indiana 7/3/2020, 8:23 am
- Just saw this--what a shock _ thought he was home getting better--I'm so sorry to hear this!! - Krissy 7/2/2020, 11:57 pm
- It's been a couple days, and I am still sighing. when I think about losing my friend. - Barb in Chicago 7/2/2020, 5:01 pm
- This is very sad to hear my thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends - Ann in the UK 7/2/2020, 4:46 pm
- So very sad to hear this. - Inger in Sweden 7/2/2020, 1:47 pm
- My heart aches over the loss of John. Such a generous and funny man... - Bobbi in IN 7/2/2020, 1:22 pm
- So sad, met John at the Dearborn convention, he will be missed - Cheryl in L.A./Boise 7/2/2020, 9:48 am
- Its very sad to lose a barbie friend. My best to his loved ones. - ellen 7/2/2020, 7:25 am
- So very sorry to hear this. Condolences t. I donít post often but check in most days. - Paul UK 7/2/2020, 6:04 am
- Thatís very sad....my condolences to all who knew him. - Jurrie 7/2/2020, 4:25 am
- I am sorry for his family's loss and our loss. John was sweet and generous. I will miss him. - Wandy in Pensacola 7/2/2020, 12:05 am
- I'm sorry to hear this. I hope he's finding that doll collecting is a "thing" up there in Heaven!>> - Kimberlee 7/1/2020, 11:01 pm
- Such sad news. His presence here will be sorely missed. - Jeanie 7/1/2020, 8:36 pm
- sincere sympathy and sadness, a gr8 loss to those who knew him :'( - Karen/glammourdoll 7/1/2020, 8:07 pm
- My condolences to family and all the friends he made on the boards, at conventions, & WindyCityBDC - Sandi M in Chicagoland 7/1/2020, 8:02 pm
- So very sad to hear this news, my deepest sympathy to all the lives he touched. - Judy in Pa 7/1/2020, 8:00 pm
- May he rest in peace. - Nilsa 7/1/2020, 7:21 pm
- So sorry to hear this. - Amy 7/1/2020, 7:04 pm
- Very sorry to hear this news. Very sad! - Cathy (kellycat) 7/1/2020, 7:01 pm
- Oh no! I am so sorry to hear this. Sympathies to his family and friends. - Faye in AZ 7/1/2020, 6:01 pm
- My condolences to his family & friends. Msg - Tracy in UT 7/1/2020, 5:59 pm
- Sorry to hear the sad news - Condolences to family & friends - Chris in Mississauga 7/1/2020, 5:29 pm
- I am so sorry to hear this. He seemed like such a wonderful person. - Kathy M. in CO 7/1/2020, 5:09 pm
- I will miss him and his wit. The last time I spoke with him... - Bethany in PA 7/1/2020, 4:57 pm
- Very sorry to hear this. My condolences. - Judie in Montreal 7/1/2020, 4:34 pm
This site is dedicated in honor of collecting the Barbie doll, her family and friends. Disclaimer: This site in no way is affiliated with Mattel Toys or Barbie Collector. Disclaimer: In The Pink is not sponsored by or affiliated with PinkFriday.org.
We are an independent Barbie and family doll collector. Views expressed are independent. Enjoy collecting for the love of the hobby. ITP sponsored by NS Transportation.