In The Pink
[ post a message | In The Pink ]
Question: Are you going to yard sales and looking for dolls yet?
Posted by Bethany in PA on 6/28/2020, 7:32 pm
Erick's estate sale finds made me wonder how many of us are back on the yard sale/estate sale circuit. Here in PA, we are a "slow open" state though pretty much all of the state is now "green" - meaning that we are about as open as the other states though not quite, if that makes any sense. My area (geographic central PA) was among the first parts to re-open so I've seen a few yard sales popping up, but the items listed in their ads hold little interest for me.
In years gone by, my mom and I went to quite a few yard sales. Not so much in recent years as her health declined, but even last year, I managed to find a few. This year? If I could find a good sale, I would go - even if all they had was Fiestaware and not dolls. So has anyone else (other than Kathy in CO, as I know you go all of the time) ventured out to a yard sale?
- Not yet this year Bethany, I have not seen many advertised. - Judy in Pa 6/29/2020, 8:03 pm
- I check the antique store in my local mall regularly as they often have Barbies but haven't - Judie in Montreal 6/29/2020, 2:13 pm
- Never go to yard sales but haven't been to flea markets yet this year. - Margie 6/29/2020, 12:59 pm
- I stopped going years ago--mostly junk where I live. - Krissy 6/29/2020, 12:08 pm
- Well we don't exactly have yard sales over here..........msg - Ann in the UK 6/29/2020, 9:20 am
- no, not many around here offer dolls any more, but not going out anyway - Karen/glammourdoll 6/29/2020, 8:29 am
- I do go, but am careful, and if it's crowded, I skip it. - Kathy M. in CO 6/29/2020, 7:35 am
- I haven't been to one in a long time! & Nobody will ask me - Terri in Indiana 6/29/2020, 6:58 am
- I only get out of the house when extremely necessary, besides there are never good dolls for sale. - Nilsa 6/29/2020, 12:01 am
- We went to a few this past week. It felt so good to do something fun and familiar. Many wore masks - Lori N 6/28/2020, 8:25 pm
- I just saw some signs on Friday. I'm in a high risk category, so probably not. - Sandi M in Chicagoland 6/28/2020, 8:06 pm
This site is dedicated in honor of collecting the Barbie doll, her family and friends. Disclaimer: This site in no way is affiliated with Mattel Toys or Barbie Collector. Disclaimer: In The Pink is not sponsored by or affiliated with PinkFriday.org.
We are an independent Barbie and family doll collector. Views expressed are independent. Enjoy collecting for the love of the hobby. ITP sponsored by NS Transportation.