In The Pink
[ post a message | In The Pink ]
On FB, Papusile Mele has photos of the first few BMR 1959 dolls. I have to say....
Posted by Bethany in PA on 10/19/2019, 9:26 am
I am disappointed. Not what I expected at all and, for me, a huge disappointment. I was hoping, like others, either a continuation of the 90s era BMR line with the dolls and fashion, a revamp of 1 Modern Circle which would be trendy today, or something with more of a retro feel since the actual repros seem to have been dropped from the current line.
I know there will be people who love these, but I'm not one of them. They don't "speak to me" on any level. So they won't be coming to live here. Though if some of our members get them, I'd still like to see IRL photos.
For those who want to see them? Here's the link to the Facebook page. I'm on my way out of town to see Josh Gates give a talk tonight in Shippensburg, PA, so I don't have time to collect all of the images: https://www.facebook.com/PapusileMele/?__tn__=kC-R&eid=ARDL-4FXwn81Lva6YTLq1o511hv2yQ56Mlw0YguX5EJawWjkP37OvTOJMG_nv3WHoktFzTeuqCgCeajV&hc_ref=ARSG6CSNMSfiQZTFdvjbxZJM5jVu1iO1BcK_15q3K4a_3_67WRPU-dHbDFpdNUIxGas&fref=nf
- They are ok but they are a bit to Punky for my taste. - joanne 10/24/2019, 11:37 am
- Not what I was expecting. Thank you for the link Bethany, I will pass on this series. - Judy in Pa 10/20/2019, 7:39 pm
- The clothing & styling are a big ugh for me, but if that Ken is as pale as he looks, his body >> - Bridget 10/19/2019, 8:11 pm
- These BMR 1959 dolls are so disappointing! Funny thing, is I liked their boxes, I liked the Kira's - Amy 10/19/2019, 8:02 pm
- Ken articulated body....what I have been hoping for. However, the vibe these dolls give off---just w - Sandi M in Chicagoland 10/19/2019, 5:35 pm
- Thanks for the link. I will pass. So disappointing. That's it, I'm done collecting Barbie. - Cathy (kellycat) 10/19/2019, 5:16 pm
- Nothing terribly exciting about them - Ann in the UK 10/19/2019, 4:28 pm
- I guess Mattel is focusing on the play line market. Cute dolls but not what I was expecting . - Nilsa 10/19/2019, 3:31 pm
- They're great in my book - but basically just articulated fashionistas >>> - Barb in Chicago 10/19/2019, 2:58 pm
- But the male doll.....FABULOUS!!!! - Jurrie 10/19/2019, 2:58 pm
- Thanks for sharing. A pass for me too. - Margie 10/19/2019, 2:03 pm
- Nothing "1959" about them! The 2020 Pet Dr with Christie head mold and kitten is pretty cute though - Krissy 10/19/2019, 1:12 pm
- Not my thing either. Thank you for passing the link. - Danalynne 10/19/2019, 10:02 am
This site is dedicated in honor of collecting the Barbie doll, her family and friends. Disclaimer: This site in no way is affiliated with Mattel Toys or Barbie Collector. Disclaimer: In The Pink is not sponsored by or affiliated with PinkFriday.org.
We are an independent Barbie and family doll collector. Views expressed are independent. Enjoy collecting for the love of the hobby. ITP sponsored by NS Transportation.