As stated in the rules above, selling and trading is allowed on the board, as are giveaways.
First, the selling…
1) Only Barbie/Mattel and related items as outlined in the “Rules” post can be posted for sale here on In The Pink. Other doll brands are prohibited. OOAK dolls, handmade items, and accessories are also allowed.
2) Sales lists should be complete and through, including what is being sold, condition (ex. NRFB, mint, played with/loose, etc.) and price. “Make offers” are allowed but are also discouraged to prevent hurt feelings. Also, since Boardhost no longer automatically links to your email address when you post, please include it in your “for sale” list so potential buyers may contact you.
3) In your post, please note how you, the seller, are planning on charging for shipping – either by zip code, a flat fee, included in the listed price, etc. This business should be conducted via private email/message.
4) Please indicate where you are willing to ship – U.S. only, international, certain countries excluded for very specific reasons, etc.
5) Please offer references if you are the seller. If you are the buyer, please ask for them.
6) If an issue arises during a transaction, please try to work it out between yourselves. If issues persist, please email one of the moderators as listed in the “Rules” post above.
7) ITP cannot refund any monies that could be lost.
8) If you sell elsewhere, such as Etsy or eBay, you are welcome to post links to your auctions on the board as long as the item is appropriate for Barbie and her friends or something related to her, as outlined in the “Rules” post.
Now for the giveaways…
1) Giveaways and drawings should be open to all ITP members, including our international members. If you wish to hold a giveaway and do not feel comfortable shipping internationally, should an international member win, please contact one of the board admins, in particular Bethany in PA ( email@example.com ) for help with this.
2) Please be clear about what you are giving away and how you will handle the drawing. For example, you might post a question like “What’s your favorite Barbie of all time?” and then set a deadline for when entries for the drawing will be closed. For instance, if you post on Saturday, you might say that the entries close at 5pm on Sunday.
3) Please be clear about how a winner will be drawn. For instance, a named drawn out of a hat by a member of your family, bingo balls, etc.
4) If you are drawing for multiple items in the same giveaway, please be clear how that will be handled. For instance, if you are offering four pairs of shoes (pink, green, gold, and glitter) please make sure board members know to post what pair they are playing for and note that accordingly in their entry. In turn, board members should make sure they follow the directions. For instance, Mary from Iowa might say “My favorite Barbe of all time is Lisette and I’m entering for the glitter shoes.”
5) If you are a long-time poster and are certain of what you are doing, it’s not necessary to notify an admin that you are having a drawing. If you are a new member or uncertain how to proceed, please email an admin listed above for advice and/or direction. Thanks.
6) From time to time, the board will host its own giveaways/drawings, such as “The Twelve Days of Giving” at the holiday season. Small drawings may happen randomly from time to time and will be conducted by the board admins. Larger events like the “Twelve Days” or “Virtual Convention” will be announced in advance to allow people time to plan, if they also wish to participate.
7) Enjoy! Drawings and giveaways on the board are meant to be fun so please enjoy yourself!
Last but not least…donations…
We have received several questions about donating items as drawing gifts so here is some clarification.
1) We will never ask for the forum to give gifts. Nor will we ask for money to keep the board up and running. For those members who opened their hearts to donate an item, thank you. You didn’t have to though we feel touched that your heart opened to share for someone at our forum.
2) If you have something to offer, and do not wish to conduct the drawing yourself or would rather it be done privately/ anonymously through the admins, please let either Margie or Bethany (or both) know what item you might be considering. Send the entire details (ex. NRFB MIB custom etc.) and a photo if possible. Also please let us know if we can use your photo on the drawing as well. If the item needs to be photographed, that will likely determine which admin the item should receive the item in order to conduct the giveaway.
3) Thank you. We’ve said it before but we’ll say it again. Thank you for your generosity if you choose to donate an item to give away. It is greatly appreciated.
This site is dedicated in honor of collecting the Barbie doll, her family and friends. Disclaimer: This site in no way is affiliated with Mattel Toys or Barbie Collector. Disclaimer: In The Pink is not sponsored by or affiliated with PinkFriday.org.
We are an independent Barbie and family doll collector. Views expressed are independent. Enjoy collecting for the love of the hobby. ITP is sponsored by NBOS Software, 18Rabbit Software, and Easily Distracted Designs.