Greetings fellow collectors and welcome to “In The Pink” – a Barbie-only chat board that celebrates our favorite pink princess! It was founded many years ago by the late Joanne Faulkner and continues on today in the spirit she intended it.
When Joanne passed, new moderators took over the care and maintenance of the board. For quick reference, the moderators here are:
If you have a problem, please feel free to contact either or both of us.
As always, there are just a few rules to make sure everything runs as smoothly as possible. These rules are basic but firm. If you do not follow the rules, the admins will ban you from further posting. We have a short ban list, and would hate to add to it. Of course, the over-arching rule is one that Joanne followed every day:
Please be kind to everyone. Always.
That one is self-explanatory. Here are the rest:
1) Only Barbie and other Mattel-made dolls can be shared on “In The Pink.” This includes Mattel-made Disney dolls, the Heart Family, Starr, celebrity dolls, etc. If it is a fashion doll made by Mattel from 1959 to the present, in general, it is allowed to be posted. Barbie accessories and Barbie-licensed products made by other companies such as Arco, Whitman, Fossil, etc. are also acceptable. One-of-a-kind (OOAK) and other custom dolls that use a Mattel doll (Barbie or otherwise) as a base are also acceptable.
2) Non-Barbie and non-Mattel dolls are not allowed to be posted there. If you enjoy those dolls, there are other forums for you to share your love of them. This includes Gene in all of her forms, Robert Tonner dolls, Integrity Toys, Hasbro/Kenner, etc. This also applies to OOAK and custom works including dolls and fashions, though if a custom fashion fits other dolls in addition to Barbie and is modeled on a Barbie in a shared photo, that is acceptable. Just Barbie/Mattel, please. Thank you for your understanding.
3) This is a hobby site and we will not get into serious issues of the day, particularly those of a political or personal/argumentative nature. We also ask that disputes from other forums, be it other chat boards, Facebook, etc. are not carried over to ITP. We are a respite from the greater world and wish to keep it that way.
4) This board does not tolerate any public bashing whatsoever. This includes unkind comments about a particular Barbie that you might not like but that someone else might love. “Bashing” also includes unkind comments about other collectors, other doll/chat boards, retailer, events, etc. In short, please be kind. Always.
5) Please post using your real name or part of your real name. We do not use nicknames want to know who you really are. For example, “Mary,” or “Mary C.” or “Mary in Iowa” would all be acceptable. Use of a nickname without prior approval from the moderators may lead to your posts being deleted. If you decide to change your user name here, please let the mods know.
6) If you are new to the board, please introduce yourself and let us know a little bit about you. New posters and new collectors are always welcome!
7) No foul language will be tolerated. That means do not use *** symbols to post such. No curse, swearing words or insulting phrases are allowed.
8) No spam allowed at any time. In addition to being annoying and slowing the board down, spam of a certain nature can lead to Boardhost closing the board for violation of their terms.
9) No obscene material or nudity will be tolerated, whether it is links or images of any kind. In addition to being offensive, such content violates Boardhost’s policies.
10) You must be 13 years of age to enter the free Barbie doll giveaways. That is Boardhost’s age requirement for posting here without adult supervision, so the same applies to any giveaways. The contests are for collectors only. Dealers cannot enter. This does not apply to private collectors who occasionally sell dolls from their own collection.
11) Giveaways and drawings are welcome here. Please see the post below for more information on how to handle this.
12) Buying and selling on the board is permissible. Only Barbie and related dolls/items can be sold here. Other dolls like Gene, Tyler, etc. are not allowed to be traded or sold on the board. Be sure to ask for references from anyone before buying from them. This will help avoid any misunderstandings. It's a privilege to sell, buy, and trade on this forum. If you have issues, please email one of the moderators so we can keep the issue in our files. Shop smart. ITP cannot refund any monies that could be lost. Thank you.
Follow up disclaimer: The owner/moderators of the web site cannot stand by any quality or services or refunds that are being offered by any independent service or service provider on this board.
13) Please do not copy user’s pictures without their written permission. Do not borrow pictures that you see here and store on your own personal website, Pinterest, etc. unless you ask for permission to do so.
14) Please do share links for anything related to Barbie/how to tips/ store sales/ collecting information/ warnings/how to id vintage dolls etc/how to remove green ears from vintage dolls/basic info would be welcomed to help fellow collectors. This includes blogs, YouTube videos, etc. Blogs about thrifting for dolls and accessories, etc. and craft items are also welcome. Any blogs and/or blog links currently being posted to ITP are considered acceptable and have been vetted and approved by the admins.
15) You are welcome to set up Barbie/family polls on this board. The board has been set up for anyone to use this feature. For example: How long have you collected Barbie with a variety of choices.
16) If you want a post of yours to be removed or the text to be edited, please email either of the mods listed above with your requests, we'll be glad to help out. Or you can simply post beneath your original post, asking for a mod’s attention. The board is checked frequently throughout the day, so someone will see your comment and respond as soon as they are able.
17) In The Pink is a privately funded board. We would never ask our members to pay fees to post/sell/buy/share, etc. All we ask is that you enjoy your time on the board and share your love of all things Barbie with your fellow collectors.
Finally, a few short notes. This is a collector site only for Barbie, her family, her friends, her accessories, her licensed products, and other Mattel products as outlined above. This site in no way is affiliated with Mattel Toys or Barbie Signature. We are an independent Barbie and family doll collector site. Views expressed are the intellectual property of each poster.
In The Pink is not sponsored by or affiliated with PinkFriday.org. ITP is sponsored by NBOS Software, 18Rabbit Software, and Easily Distracted Designs.
Welcome and enjoy your stay here on ITP!
This site is dedicated in honor of collecting the Barbie doll, her family and friends. Disclaimer: This site in no way is affiliated with Mattel Toys or Barbie Collector. Disclaimer: In The Pink is not sponsored by or affiliated with PinkFriday.org.
We are an independent Barbie and family doll collector. Views expressed are independent. Enjoy collecting for the love of the hobby. ITP is sponsored by NBOS Software, 18Rabbit Software, and Easily Distracted Designs.