Beaver in Sour Cream
Posted by Re-Tired on 1/10/2020, 12:57 pm
Beaver in Sour Cream |
1 Beaver, skinned and cleaned
1/2 c Vinegar
1/4 ts Paprika
1 tb Salt
1/4 c Butter
2 qt Water
1 md Onion, sliced
2 ts Soda
1/2 c Water
1/2 c Flour
1 c Sour cream
1. Soak beaver overnight in solution of 1/2 cup
vinegar and 1 tablespoon salt in cold water to
2. The next day, remove the beaver from the
brine, wash and cover with a solution of 2
teaspoons soda to 2 quarts of water. Bring to a
boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
3. Drain and rinse beaver and cut into serving
4. Dredge each piece of meat thoroughly in the
5. Melt butter in a heavy fry pan and brown the
pieces of meat.
6. Transfer meat to a greased casserole, slice
onions over top, add water and bake at 325
degrees F. until tender.
7. When meat is almost tender, add 1 cup sour
cream to the casserole. Stir well and continue
cooking until tender. Serves 4.