P.S. I am blessed with a wife that can cook
anything and make it delicious.
• 12 dove breasts, boned
• 2 cups milk
• 8 cups beef broth
• 6 slices bacon
• 6 green onions
• 1 cup button mushroom
• 1⁄4 cup butter
• 8 ounces sour cream
• 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
• 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
• 16 dumplings
• Put Dove Breast in a bowl and cover with
milk. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours.DO
NOT SKIP THIS STEP!
• Bring Broth to a boil in a stock pot. Add
Breast (discard milk) and cook 45 minutes at a
• While Breast are cooking, cook Bacon in a
fry pan until crisp. Remove Bacon (crumble and
set aside) and reserve the drippings.
• Slice the Onions and Mushrooms to 1/8"
slices. Keep the green tops and chop to a fine
chop. Set the tops aside for garnish.
• Add the Onions and Mushrooms to the
drippings and sautee for about 5 minutes. Add the
Butter, Garlic Powder and Cayenne pepper and
simmer until Butter is clarified about 2 to 3
minutes. Slowly sprinkle the Flour over the
mixture stirring constantly.
• Continue cooking about 2 minutes
constantly stirring to disperse the flour evenly.
Add sour cream and stir until smooth. Cut off
heat and cover.
• Add Dumplings to Stock pot with the breast
and simmer covered for 10 minutes.
• Uncover pan and add the Onion and Mushroom
mixture slowly to the Stock Pot. Stir until
smooth and creamy.
• Ladle in bowls and sprinkle the onion tops
and crumbled bacon on top.
• Serve hot with a good hearty bread for