READY IN: 1hr 20mins SERVES: 3-4
• 2 skunks, skinned and cleaned
• 1 tablespoon salt
• water, to cover
• 2 cups bear fat or 2 cups lard
• 2 egg yolks, beaten
• 3 cups milk or 3 cups cream
• 1 1⁄2 cups flour
• 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
• 2 tablespoons baking powder
• Clean and wash the skunks, making sure
that the scent glands are removed.
• Cut up into small serving pieces.
• Put a soup kettle on the stove and add the
• Cover with cold water and bring to a boil
over high heat.
• Lower the heat and boil until the meat is
tender, about 40 minutes.
• Remove all the scum that rises to the
• Make a batter by mixing together the egg
yolks, milk, flour, salt and baking powder.
• Mix real good until the batter is about
like cake batter.
• Heat the bear fat or lard in a deep fryer
to about 360 degrees.
• Dip the pieces of skunk in the batter and
then fry them in the deep fryer until golden
Drain well and serve.