[ Reply To a Current Topic | Chicago Media Chat Message Forum ]
Re: AM 850
Posted by Stever on May 29, 2021, 6:43 pm, in reply to "Re: AM 850
For as long as I can remember (decades) and in checking with the FCC database, WNOV has always been 250W non-directional daytime. That is why 850 had to be directional out of Crystal Lake. and was difficult to move. A few years back Newsweb filed to move the city of license for 850 to Addison because that was just barely inside their city grade coverage. Newsweb then was going to try to relocate the towers for 850 to make it more of a Chicago metro signal. The FCC rejected that application because it would eliminate the only commercial broadcast service licensed to Crystal Lake.
Newsweb wants to protect 820 in case they need to modify their signal in any way. The 30khz separation in frequencies means they have to make sure there is no overlap of the 5mv/m contours from 820 and 850.
- AM 850 - Raslin5 May 28, 2021, 6:39 am
- Re: AM 850 - Nope May 28, 2021, 10:24 am
- Re: AM 850 - Stever May 28, 2021, 11:10 am
- Re: AM 850 - D May 28, 2021, 11:19 am
- Re: AM 850 - WYTZZ95FM May 28, 2021, 12:18 pm
- Re: AM 850 - Raslin5 May 28, 2021, 12:23 pm
- Re: AM 850 - Barnabas May 29, 2021, 5:52 pm
- Re: AM 850 - Stever May 29, 2021, 6:43 pm
« Back to index | View thread »