- Cliff effect of AM stations going dark in larger numbers
- VT from one host per format per corporation across the country -- literally 100 or so total jobs -- the suits who survive get rewarded for this
- 1 or 2 holdout stations per major market where they actually do localized programming
- Regional/rural FMs start going dark or are repurposed the same way translators are used today
- The last of the holdout stations abandon ship
I'm thinking this all comes apart by 2027 at the latest. Sound feasible? AM/FM receivers will eventually be as sparse as shortwave radios are today. Yeah, you can still find them, but not by the Walgreens checkout aisle anymore.
Oh! But just like shortwave, Alex Jones will be on. So there's that.