@Model Monkey: A bit off-topic, but I was perusing your new models section and saw the printed boat deck for Arizona. I couldn't see any engraved planking grooves - are there any? And since it is different from the kit piece (Dragon 1/700), is there a replacement wood deck that will fit?
Royal Navy Town-class cruiser fans! Happy to announce funnels for HMS Belfast in 1/350 scale, 1/600 scale, and 1/700 scale are now available.
The Model Monkey funnels' size was based on:
- measurements taken of the real funnels.
- official Admiralty General Arrangement Profile “as fitted” series MCD AIO979 plans for HMS Belfast dated 16 November 1942
- official 1936 Admiralty "10,000 ton Cruisers, 1936 Programme" drawing of sistership HMS Southampton .
- teardrop shape designed from measurements taken of the real ship's funnels.
- height scaled from scans of official Admiralty General Arrangement Profile “as fitted” series MCD AIO979 plans for HMS Belfast dated 16 November 1942.
- accurate rivet count, placement and configuration, unique to each funnel.
- accurate door shape, position and detailing. The door on the forward funnel is on the starboard side, the door on the aft funnel is on the port side.
- accurate painters' sheave brackets, reinforcing strap and cleat plate detail, unique to each funnel.
The design of this pair of models benefited from research assistance and advice graciously provided by Mr. Richard Dennis and Mr. Michael Eisenstadt.
We also offer an attractive nameplate for HMS Belfast in your choice of real metal or inexpensive, paintable acrylic plastic.
See these models and many more at https://www.model-monkey.com/
Have fun. Monkey around.™