[ Post a Response | The SteelNavy.Com Message Board ]
Based on what you see...
how difficult would it be to back-date this kit to represent the USS San Juan, circa August 7, 1942? What would have to be done?
Some interesting observations based on box contents of this very well done kit:
1. There is an extra pair of 5" twin mounts.
2. There are 18-20mm mounts.
3. There are only 4-40mm twins and they are 3 piece assemblies. Time for Bukr Studio replacements.
4. There are 6-40mm quads also 3 piece assemblies
but easier to assemble.
5. There are 4 directors (on 2 sprues)
6 There are enough life rafts (total 20 large and
36 small) on 2 sprues.
Assembly comments (more to come)
1. The 3 piece hull and main deck are a perfect
SteelNavy.Com Home Page