[ Post a Response | The SteelNavy.Com Message Board ]
Re: 1/700 VEE USS San Diego (box contents)-Does this come in levels of offerings?
I have the kit too. I got the standard version as well as I have all the PE necessary to complete the kit already. (Gold Medal Models is your friend!)...
I think the only thing extra is the PE in the premium kit - not worth the extra $ in my opinion.
The standard version but I think both versions would have the same plastic sprues.
If this comes in levels of offerings which level did you purchase?
Some interesting observations based on box contents of this very well done kit:
1. There is an extra pair of 5" twin mounts.
2. There are 18-20mm mounts.
3. There are only 4-40mm twins and they are 3 piece assemblies. Time for Bukr Studio replacements.
4. There are 6-40mm quads also 3 piece assemblies
but easier to assemble.
5. There are 4 directors (on 2 sprues)
6 There are enough life rafts (total 20 large and
36 small) on 2 sprues.
Assembly comments (more to come)
1. The 3 piece hull and main deck are a perfect
SteelNavy.Com Home Page