Book Marketing Question
Posted by Jim Slade on February 19, 2021, 15:06:09
As many of you know, I have been collecting data on the Iowa class for many years. I started organizing material into book form. I have so much material that the planned Chapter 1 has become a book in itself. So that is what is happening.
I hope to complete the research with a couple of weeks so I can finish off the manuscript. This will be the introductory for book for the series (none of my 3D structural models). Nonetheless, nearly all of the material is entirely new.
I have lined up production folks to create the final product. When I have described what I want to do, the reaction has been "that's going to be expensive." This is not a project that can be done with on demand printing.
My marketing question to you folks is how you folks view the trade off of cost over quality. Fold outs, cloth cover, case binding, and color raise the cost.
These days, cheap book materials are the norm. I am considering the wisdom of going against that trend.
- Re: Book Marketing Question - Richard Harden February 23, 2021, 18:54:17
- cheap book materials ae the norm - Felix C February 23, 2021, 6:39:15
- Cost matters. - A modeler on a budget. February 21, 2021, 6:02:45
- Thanks for the comments so far - Jim Slade February 20, 2021, 11:03:39
- Re: Book Marketing Question - Bill Rowe February 20, 2021, 10:04:02
- Re: Book Marketing Question - HARRY E. HURST February 20, 2021, 8:48:08
- Re: Book Marketing Question - David Doyle February 19, 2021, 20:42:47
- Re: Book Marketing Question - Dave February 19, 2021, 18:33:45
- Re: Book Marketing Question - Bill Oreto February 19, 2021, 17:54:22
- Publishing........... - Steve Wiper February 19, 2021, 17:04:39
- Re: Book Marketing Question - John Sykes February 19, 2021, 15:58:26